Friday, July 17, 2009

What I love about Summer?

The Ann Arbor Art Fair....and okay maybe the sunshine. Me hanging out with some art ....

and I bought one of these (in my dreams...they started at $3,000) and I love the 8 grand one! Okay the joke was that I came home and told everyone I spent 25 grand at the fair, because as I'm walking and looking I say to Lori, I'd buy that add it to my tab, so she started adding it all up and my the end I'd spent over the 25 grand in my dreams!
Yummy french fried yams at Seva's, where we had lunch.

and this sandwich with cheese and pestso, tomato on rye, with grapes!
Me in the booth where I bought my ceramic lizard pin 10 years ago, Cynthia remembered mypin and had to comment on it ! Still love her stuff!

To me the days I get to go to the art fairs are the best days of summer and I wish I could go everyday...but I guess then it wouldn't be so special.
Lori and I a great day at the AAAFair..the weather was perfect, cool breeze and not too hot! we were there from 11:00am to 7:00pm and Lori and I both had to work today...so we are a little sore from the hours of standing and walking, but of course it was worth it!!!!

There is so much beautiful art to see and get inspired by...I now have several project I want to start working on this weekend.

Here's the things I bought, a vintage 1977 art fair poster, a bird ceramic ornament for my x-mas tree, a couple of paper pins and a bead and button (from the victorian era vintage buttons) bracelet!
well gotta go to bed...I am hitting the Royal Oak Garage Sale tomorrow with my brother Lou and Opel...never been before, but should be fun!


No comments: